Friday, February 1, 2013

More Karis Photos!!!

Mom and camera are back home, so I have more pictures for you from Karis's first week!

Saturday

First-time Daddy - What a pro at this baby-holding stuff!  :-)

I mentioned in the previous post that we had to wait in the hall for a few minutes.

Hospital rules were that the baby could not be outside of the room unless he/she was in the crib.

I don't know whether it was more because Joe was impatient for us to meet her,  or because he knew how hard we were trying to be patient out in the hall, but whichever was the reason, he brought her out for us to meet and hover over.  :-)

 
 

 Nurses finished up, and Mary was all set.  They welcomed us in...all of us at once.  :-)  Greetings and congratulations went all around  - to the parents, the aunts, the uncles, and the grandparents!  It was a delightful time!  A loving family, and wonderful relationships with the in-laws make for a very sweet time!  Oh, and sweeter yet is the time to hold that little bundle of life!  I don't have pictures of everybody, but here are a few.

Baby Karis meets Aunt Lisa!



  Annie's turn!
 Time to pass her off to David!
 Oh!  My siblings love it when Kimberly comes to visit!  Joe got a shoulder massage.  Mary Jane got a foot massage a little later - once the crowds dispersed enough to make room.  :-)

 I must thank Zachary for this photo.  I don't believe I have ever been so pleased with a photo of me holding a baby!  (Normally the angle is bad and my glasses look like they've fallen down to the end of my nose...or it is blurry.)  I'm sorry you have to put up with me talking about myself, it's just that the photo really turned out nicely and that's a very rare occurrence!

Karis meets Aunt Heidi.
 
 This photo is a bit blurry, but its point was to show how very long her hair is - It wouldn't pass a collar check!
 Look at all that hair!  :-)
 Kate holds her niece like a pro!
 The Stoll aunts admire their newest niece!
 The Stoll Sisters with Baby Karis
The new little family
 Nope.  Being new parents hasn't made them totally serious!  ;-)
 
 Another waiting time in the hall...
 ...and playing a game!


Sunday

Daddy and daughter exchanging adoring smiles.  :-)
 First car ride - Going home!

Wednesday

Home with Mommy - There's nothing better!  :-)
 Sleeping like a baby...Yes, she is one!  :-)

Thursday

Awake and alert - What's that you're holding, Nana?  Oooo, it has a little orange light!
(Growing up in this age, little one, you'll learn all about digital cameras before very long at all!)

Taken on the 29th, it's not part of her first week, but this is the latest picture I have received.


A picture speaks a thousand words....so I just gave you many thousands!  :-)

I hope you enjoyed them!





For those wondering about my teeth, they're healing up nicely as far as I can tell.  I'm off the pain medication, and most of the dissolving stitches have come out.  I'm being very careful about what I eat and how I eat it, but don't worry, I'm eating plenty!  :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved seeing all the pictures! Karis (and her parents) have been at church a few times but there's always a crowd around her and I haven't seen her much. Hmm I think I need to volunteer for infant nursery. :) Congrats to all!